My Christmas Corner

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Christmas Ornaments.....

Christmas is the most popular, and hopefully, peaceful time of the year. Decorations twinkle and sparkle almost anywhere you go. Houses are lit up in the nighttime with outside lights reflecting off of the snow and the Christmas trees clearly seen in front windows. It's a wonderful time of the year.

I have always had trouble finding presents for everyone who is on my list. Since I work in a small office, I like to give my coworkers something small. I cannot afford to get everyone on my list what they may ideally be dreaming off for Christmas, but I try. Last year, I decided I was going to be creative and make something for some people. I saw a picture of a beautiful Christmas ornament in a craft magazine that I thought perhaps I could make. At least, I could make a Christmas ornament that would be unique to everyone. The supplies were relatively cheap. I went to a local craft store and bought paints and brushes. The Christmas balls that I choose were plain white or silver. I also bought some colored glitters that I may find a use for.

Any handmade ornament requires personal involvement and dedication even if it is very easy to do; one can learn cross stitch in minutes but it can take days or even weeks to complete a cross stitch Christmas ornament depending on what you are making. Some Christmas enthusiasts have a special cross stitch Christmas ornament collection, which consists of ornaments created every year. This Christmas hobby can get the whole family involved, which will make it merrier.

Christmas is all about being happy, kind and spreading joy around you so, if you want to make a personalized gift, a cross stitch Christmas ornament is the way to go; you can create your own little traditional Christmas gift for family and friends that you make yourself every year.

Merry Christmas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home