My Christmas Corner

Monday, December 4, 2006

Christmas Day is Exactly Three Weeks Away

Hello everybody,

I hope you all have a nice weekend. Today is Monday December 4 and it is exactly three weeks away from Christmas Day. Twenty one days seem to be long but trust me it will go by very fast, faster than you notice. Especially, this time of the year when everyone is so busy.

Over the weekend, I went shopping with my parents. We want to buy Christmas decoration stuff. The mall in our town was packed. We still have 3 weeks before the holiday but many people feel they are behind with the holiday decoration already or at least I did.

I discovered that I had purchased a Christmas wreath at the end of the season last year. I had forgotten about buying it at the end of the season sales. It is a pre-lit Christmas wreath and is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. When I bought it I had thought we would use it by our light post at the front of the house. My parents could not believe that I had forgotten about this. Well like I said everyone is so busy this time of the year.

After we got back from the mall, we went through the many plastic storage container filled with ornaments, lights, figurines and other holiday decorations. We managed to fill two bins with items that we would donate to the local Goodwill store. The Goodwill store was very pleased that we were bringing in the items prior to the holidays. They said so often people made their donations after the holidays and then they had to store the items. This way the items would be available to the needy in time for the holidays. They were giving special appreciation gifts for those that donated any items. We had our choice of a Christmas wreath or evergreen garland. The wreaths and garland were donated by a local tree grower. We decided on the garland since we had the pre-lit wreath as well as the fresh Christmas wreath coming from the boy scouts. The garland was six feet long and would be a great addition to our mantel. My parents could not believe that we went to Goodwill to get rid of decorations and then came home with a new item. I of course was thrilled with the addition of the fresh garland for our home.

Anyway, I have such a wonderful weekend with my parents. We went Christmas shopping together. We decorated our house over the weekend and it was awesome.

Christmas is my (and for many many many other people) favorite time of year and I love everything about it. I can't understand why some people being cynical about it. It's what you make it, after all. I do understand that some people do feel being lonely at this time of year but I'm very lucky to have my family around me during this holiday season.

Stay warm everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home