My Christmas Corner

Monday, December 4, 2006

Finding Cheap Christmas Presents

Even though Christmas holiday is fun but the matter of fact is that Christmas is the time where you might spend most of you money and many people eventually went broke after the holiday.

I love the to find the best holiday presents for my love ones but at the same time I have to look over my wallet. I don't want to overspend. Here are few tips that you might consider using this Christmas to save you some money over the holday. These tips have worked for me and hopefully they will for you as well.

The first thing I needed to do to accommodate my incredibly tight budget, was to narrow down my list. We all have a list of people that we want to get presents for. However, sometimes that list needs to be revised several times. I tried to only list family and friends whom I need to get things for. Now, I have to find a cheap Christmas present for each of the people on my list. That's so much easier said than done. The task will be to find a cheap Christmas present for everyone that doesn't look cheap. I don't want people to be offended. I looked through some magazines that had some creative gift ideas in them and decided to mix creativity with my shopping. I picked a Saturday and hit the local strip mall. We have a local discount store that is actually an excellent source for finding some really nice things. I cruised the aisles for about an hour getting some ideas in my head before I decided to start putting some things in my card. I picked up some nice, but plain picture frames and knew that I could be very creative with them. I chose some basic colored scented candles and found some plain, but elegant wine glasses to add to my cart. I searched the aisles for some inexpensive baskets. I also bought cheap plain ornaments.

My favorite of all of the cheap Christmas gift ideas was to make things for the intended recipients. Whether it be some type of food or an item for the house, homemade presents are not only very appreciated but make a wonderful cheap Christmas gift that contains a great amount of love. If the recipient is a big fan of fudge, cookies or even cake - run with that idea. Fudge and candy can be made with little expense and lots of bowl licking for your family members. Once you have fudge or candy made, you can wrap it in festive cellophane or boxes tied with ribbon. Yummy treats are a wonderful way to win some points in gift giving. Making a cake is a great cheap Christmas present that can be just as delightful as candy or fudge. Find out your recipient's favorite flavor and make that. Add some creative decorating flair to it and it will be received with smiles.

Another idea that is to create a coupon book for someone. You can include coupons for babysitting, massages, breakfast in bed, car washes, dish duty, almost anything that the recipient may appreciate. This idea may work best for people who live in the same household and would appreciate you helping with chores or some extra attention.

These ideas have worked for me. It saves me lots of money but at the same time I still able to find the best Christmas gifts for all my love ones.

Merry "early" Christmas everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home